Society for Rehabilitation of Patients is a registered NGO by Social Welfare Department working for the welfare and rehabilitation of patients.
Members of the Society meet once a month to discuss and find solutions of different problems faced by the patients.
Services provided by the Society:
1. Vocational training
2. Recreational Centre (TV, indoor games toys etc) for children
3. Arrangement of funds to provide free diagnostic facilities to patients in other Hospitals
4. Arrangement of admission fee for poor patients
5. Provision of sewing machines after training
6. Arrangement of expensive drugs, especially for cancer and cardiac patients
7. Arrangement and distribution of gifts on National and religious days
8. Primary Education
9. Religious education Health, education (through audio system) and Dars
10. Arrangement of reading material, Islamic books, Holy Quran
11. Fund raising for various equipments
Lala Lajpat Rai was a well known figure in the political and social circles of pre¬-Independence India. His mother, Gulab Devi, died of TB in Lahore. In order to perpetuate her memory, Lala Lajpat Rai established a Trust in 1927 to build and run a TB Hospital for women reportedly at the spot where she had breathed her last.
Read More about the Gulab Devi Hospital.
Gulab Devi Chest Hospital